The Top 100 Customer Experience Blogs You Need to Be Reading Part 1
The most comprehensive resource on the web for customer experience insights.
As technology continues to play a pivotal role in designing and analysing customer experience, and as an increasing amount of solutions can be used to enhance customer experiences, one critical element organisations face is knowing which resources are the most helpful when going through the process of building best in class customer experiences.
We’ve identified and pulled together 100 of the most up-to-date, insightful and comprehensive blogs with detailed research and information all about customer experience management, big data and data science. Delivered in two parts, this blog is for those committed to creating and maintaining perfect customer experiences.
In no numbered order:
4 top posts from Yale Center for Customer Insights:
- 4 Essential Insights from the 2016 Yale Customer Insights Conference
- The One-Sided Crystal Ball
- Really. It’s the Journey that Counts
- Staying Relevant Among Millennials
4 top posts from CXiQ:
- Attack of the Disruptor Brands: 5 Key Lessons for Retailers
- Do We Really Need “Unbiased” Customer Reviews?
- Big Data Is Not Just For Big Marketing
- What’s the heck is Experiential Marketing?
4 top posts from Juicebox:
- A blueprint to Insight
- Three Keys to Data Monetization Success
- Popular Data Product Myths
- Consider data comfort and expertise
4 top posts from Kaiser Fung:
- Reader’s guide to the power pose controversy 1
- Reader’s guide to the power pose controversy 2
- Reader’s Guide to the Power Pose Controversy 3
- If you are practicing your power pose, stop now
Top 4 posts from Mike Gualtieri:
- Artificial Intelligence: Fact, Fiction. How Enterprises Can Crush It
- The Predictive Modeling Process Using Machine Learning
- Moneyball, Big Data, And The Data Scientist
- The Power To Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, Or Die
4 top posts by Adrian Swinscoe:
- The need to (re)consider the technology and human balance in customer experience
- Habituation and the risk to customer experience
- Over 50% of a customer’s experience is driven by how they feel
- How customer experience professionals can build relevance and impact in large organisations
4 top posts from Customer Experience Matrix:
- Singing the Customer Data Platform Blues: Who’s to Blame for Disjointed Customer Data?
- Chief Martech Study: Martech Maturity Has Skyrocketed
- Marketers Are Struggling to Keep Up With Customer Expectations: Here’s Proof
- Intercom “Smart Campaigns” Replace Decision Trees: Interesting But Not Perfect
4 top posts from Moz:
- Are Your Analytics Telling the Right Story?
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Driving Conversions Through Audience Analysis
- Become Intelligent: Use Google Analytics Intelligence Alerts to your Advantage
- Semantic Analytics: How to Track Performance and ROI of Structured Data
4 top posts by Joseph Michelli:
- Connecting With The Need To Connect: Watching People Eat Online
- Not Top Of Mind But Top Of Heart – When Branding Gets Real
- The Kindness Gap: Differentiation by Practicing Civility in Uncivil Times
- Will It Fly? How To Leverage Quantitative and Qualitative Customer Listening
4 top posts from Optimove:
- 10 Ways to Turn Holiday Shoppers into Year-Round Customers
- Managing Infinite Customer Journeys
- Five Retention Strategies for the Online Retailer
- Ever-increasing Personalization
Top 4 posts from Customer Experience Partners:
- Are You Reporting Misleading NPS Results
- The Difficulties of Incenting Performance on Customer Satisfaction or NPS
- How Chick-fil-A Rewards Valuable Customers; A Unique Spin on a Loyalty Program
- Want Higher Profits? Fire Your Costly Customers!
4 top posts by Kristina Evey:
- Make Customer Service a Habit
- Personalize to Improve Your Customer Satisfaction & Make Your Customers Happy!
- The Best Way to Prepare Your Teams to Improve the Customer Service and Experience
- Costco Provides a Fabulous Customer Experience Example to Follow
Top 4 posts by Dawna MacLean:
- Getting Started with Shared Value
- Do People Mistrust Confidence?
- The Health Care and Gaming Connection
Top 4 posts from Tom Peters:
- 32 Customer Entanglement Strategies
- Invest in Your People
- Service: Customer Loyalty
- Develop Internal Customers
Top 4 posts from Dennis Snow:
- “In the Moment” for Customer Service
- The Fundamentals of Excellent Customer Service
- The Uber Experience
- Making the Experience Easier For the Customer
4 top posts from Michel Falcon:
- How Machine Learning Can Improve Social Customer Service
- My 3 Favourite Customer Service Stories (and What Your Business Can Learn From Them)
- 3 Things You Should Regularly Tell Your Employees (But Probably Don’t)
- Video – 3 Net Promoter Score (NPS) Mistakes Every Company Makes
Data Science Central combines all the most relevant and up to date publications and practical elements of Data Science and Business Analytics in one place for CX teams to understand how Data Science can help overcome some of the pressing issues teams face.
- How to Intelligently Apply Data Integration and Visual Analytics Tools
- Machine Learning Becomes Mainstream: How to Increase Your Competitive Advantage
- Characteristics of Good Visual Analytics and Data Discovery Tools
Top 4 posts by Abbott Analytics:
- Tracking Model Performance Over Time
- Predictive Modelling Skills
- Data Mining’s Forgotten Step Children
- Similarities and differences between Data Mining and Business Intelligence
4 top posts by SAP BI Blog:
- Predictive Model Maintenance
- How Can I Increase the Value of My Marketing Investments Using Predictive Analytics?
- Predictive Analytics: Where Do I Start?
- 50 Business Problems I’ve Addressed with Predictive Analytics, Data Science, and Advanced Analytics
Top 4 posts by Forrester:
- Benchmark Your Customer Analytics Maturity
- What’s My Data Worth?
- Why firms are interested in insights centers of excellence now – and what matters more
- You’re Not An Insights-Driven Business - And It Really Hurts
4 top posts from General Assembly:
- 3 Ways to Get More Meaning From Data
- How Big Data Creates The Perfect Digital Marketing Applications
- What it Means to be Data Literate
- Data at Work: 3 Real World Problems Sovled By Data Science
4 top posts from MarketCulture:
- Why People Empowerment is Essential to Delivering Memorable Customer Experiences
- What is the kryptonite for disruptors?
- How customer insight uncovers growth opportunities – Lessons from Nestle Japan
- How one person can make a difference role modeling customer centricity
Top 4 posts from Alta Plana:
- Lessons from IBM’s Chief Data Officer
- Topic Modeling for Humans and the Advance of NLP
- The Insight Value of Social Listening
- The Analytics of Language, Behaviour, and Personality
Top 4 posts by VentureBeat:
- Insights in the Age of the Customer
- Email Personalisation: Increase opens, clicks and revenue
- Social Media Management: Tools and tactics to win
- Marketing Clouds: How the best companies are winning via marketing technology
4 top posts by Nunwood:
- The importance of memory in the customer journey mapping process
- Customer Experience Transformation: The success of TSB
- Customer Experience Best Practice: How first direct reclaimed its title as the UK’s leading customer brand
- 3 success factors when implementing customer experience best practice
4 top posts from Lexden:
- The free-range customer. Using the element of surprise in research
- With customer experience design, functional is good. But don’t stop there.
- Storytelling, stopwatches and suspense – a judge’s eye view of the UK Financial Services Experience Awards
- An interview with Head of Customer Strategy & Insight, Stephen Plimmer, Kent Reliance
4 top posts from DataInformed:
- How to Get Real-time Insight with Machine Learning and Centralized Data
- When Big Data Isn’t Enough – You Need Fast Data!
- Digital Experience Quality: The Key Competitive Advantage for the Digital Age
- Moving From Hype to Reality in Automation and Cognitive Computing
Top 4 posts from Motiv:
- How To Eliminate Customer Angst—And Improve Your Bottom Line
- A Guiding Framework For Customer Experience Transformation
- How To Measure Customer Experience
- What Is Service Design?
4 top posts by Ron Kaufman:
- A Common Service Language - Essential But Uncommon
- How does Singapore Airlines Fly So High?
- Build a Superior Service Culture
- Eight Ways to Get Close to Your Customers
4 top posts from 1to1 Media:
- A Long and Wonderful Journey
- When Manual Decisions Become a Novelty
- Use Technology to Demonstrate Empathy to Customers
- Are We There Yet? A Snapshot Look at the Digital Transformation of Businesses
4 top posts from Customer Bliss:
- Double Talk Can Murder CX Strategy
- Customer Analysis: How About Creating a Customer Room?
- CX Process Mapping: Kill a Stupid Rule
- Executive Leadership in the Age of the Customer
Top 4 posts from Net Promoter System Blog:
- The Inner Loop of the Net Promoter System
- Are You Getting the Most out of the Net Promoter System? Five Questions to Ask
- Who Should Run Your Net Promoter System?
- The Essential Role of the Customer Advocacy Office
4 top posts by Storyminers:
- Can a change in policy change the customer experience?
- The Myth Behind “Low-Hanging-Fruit”
- A Great Customer Experience—And The Rules Behind It
- 24 Experts Reveal Their Top Customer Retention Strategies For B2C Brands
Top 4 posts from Neosperience:
- Three Questions For The Next Generation Customer Experience
- The New Customer Journey: 5 Steps To Reinvent the Map
- Key Findings From The 2016 State of Digital Transformation
- 5 Disruptive Technology Trends For Your Retail Experience
4 top posts from InformationWeek:
- Digital Transformation Underway, Many Will Fail At It
- Data Analytics Pros Don’t Feel The Love From C-Suite
- Analytics Dominate CRM Lead Management Products: Gartner
- BI Self-Service Analytics: IT’s Next Top Priority
4 top posts from Srividya Sridharan’s Blog:
- Find Your Insights Silver Lining With The Customer Analytics Playbook
- Win, Serve And Retain Customers With 15 Customer Analytics Methods
- The 2013 Customer Analytics & Measurement Survey
- What Is Your Customer Analytics Persona?
4 top posts by Retention Science:
- Automating Machine Learning Monitoring
- 3 Reasons Why eCommerce Marketers Need to Think Like Go Players
- The Importance of the Right Message
- The Data-Driven Marketer’s Ultimate Guide to Shop.Org
4 top posts by Web Analytics World:
- What Keeps Subscribers Subscribing?
- How to Master Full Funnel Attribution with Customer Analytics
- From Analytics to CRM: An Interview with Ralf Haberich
- 7 Common Reasons Users are Abandoning your App
4 top posts by OpenText:
- Developing a Culture of Assumption at 200mph
- The Redefined Customer Journey – Remove System Friction
- When Personalization Backfires
- Digital Asset Management Underpins the Customer Journey
4 top posts by Steve Curtin:
- Know Thy Customer
- Feedback Is A Gift, Right?
- The Seacret To Sales Success
- Profiting From Poor Service Is Unsustainable
4 top posts by Satmetrix:
- NPS2: Innovating to Meet the Challenges of a Changing CX Landscape
- Expert Advice to Get, and Keep, Your CX Program on Track
- Happy CX Day - Become a CX Hero!
- When the Journey Ends: 3 Tips to Keep the Parting Sweet, Not Sorrowful
4 top posts by Futurum:
- Machine Learning Already Changing the Entertainment Industry
- Competing on Customer Experience: Your Best Bet for the Win
- The Role of Failure in Rapid Innovation
- Changes Coming for Unified Communications and Collaboration in the Next 5 Years
4 top posts by Beyond Philosophy:
- Tesla: Intriguing Insights to Success
- Trade In Old Thinking For New
- Revolutionary Thinking On Customer Loyalty
- The Future Today: Personalisation 2.0
4 top posts by Forbes:
- 9 Vital Customer Analytics Every Manager Should Know
- How AI (Artificial Intelligence) Creates A Better Customer Service Experience
- 5 Big Data And Analytics Learning Resources That Most People Miss (But Shouldn’t)
- The Analytics Tool You Don’t Learn At School: Listening
4 top posts by Sigma:
- It’s Less About Big Data Than The Right Data
- Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due
- Where the Marketing and Customer Journeys Converge
- What Really Drives Customer Decisions?
4 top posts by Dynatrace:
- Digital CX Summit – 2016 Conference Highlights
- Is management of digital experiences lost on CX pros?
- Is perceived experience reality?
- How website & application performance impacts customer experience & loyalty
4 top posts by Datamine:
- 8 Easy Steps to Creating a Data Analytics Plan That Works
- Top 10 ways to really move the needle on analytics outcomes
- Don’t push delete! Why your siloed data is actually buried treasure
- How datapooling could make YOU a better marketer
4 top posts by I.J Golding:
- The CX Position - Where Should CX Sit in Your Organisation?
- Random & Unintentional Customer Experiences
- 5 Ways to Build More Trust Online With Customers
- Customer Experience: The Differentiation Battleground
4 top posts by DiJulius:
- The Real Problem With Customer Service
- Soft Skills is Not What You Think
- 5 World-Class Service Companies are Meeting the Expectations of Millennials
- There is an Uber Coming to Every Industry